Health and Safety
QDTA Health and Safety Committee Chair: Linda Rummell
The Quesnel District Teachers' Association is committed to ensure that a safe workplace exists for all teachers by supporting the joint health and safety committees and liaising with School District Staff to:
- Promote safe work practices
- Assist in creating a safe and healthy workplace,
- Recommend actions which will improve the effectiveness of the occupational health and safety program, and
- Promote compliance with WorkSafeBC Regulation
The Workers Compensation Act entitles you to 4 rights:
- The right to know the dangers in the workplace
- The right to participate in workplace health and safety activities
- The right to refuse unsafe work
- The right to no discrimination. You cannot be fired or disciplined for participating in health and safety activities.
For more information about documents and forms, please contact us.